Four Wheel Pop-Up Campers Case Study
Founded in 1972, Four Wheel Pop-Up Campers is now a world leader in pop-up truck campers.
Their existing lighting was outdated and failed to effectively illuminate their production area and showroom. And, since they didn’t have any lighting controls, lights were left on all day until they were manually turned off when the last person left the building.
While they understood that upgrading their lighting system would improve facility lighting, and reduce their utility bills, Four Wheel Campers leased their facility. And, they weren’t certain whether they’d stay in the same location once the lease ended. As such, they didn’t want to commit to an energy efficiency investment that exceeded the term of their lease. They needed to find a way to upgrade their lighting, without any up-front capital, and have the investment pay for itself within 3 years. SmartWatt was able to deliver all of that!
- We designed a completely new grid, using LED technology, that optimized illumination throughout their workspace and showroom.
- A controls system was installed that adjusts the time-outs and dim-levels for areas based on specific usage requirements. Plus, all lights were commissioned to turn off completely after a period of inactivity.
- We were able to accomplish this utilizing PG&E’s On-Bill Financing program, which allowed Four Wheel to finance the project at 0% interest while paying for itself in 3 years.
- $32,407 Annual Energy Savings
- $4,475 Annual Maintenance Savings
- 232,589 Lbs. Carbon Dioxide Reduction
- $109,900 Project Cost After Utility Rebate