SmartWatt Energy, Inc. (SmartWatt) was launched by Chris Covell in 2002. The company has become an industry leader by changing the way energy projects are conceived, financed, built and managed.
Everything we do reflects our deep commitment to ensuring our customers’ success. We roll up our sleeves, sweat the small stuff, and deliver the highest-value/lowest risk solutions for energy optimization. Our commitment to exceeding expectations is reflected in the company we keep – helping organizations large and small increase their energy efficiency, improve indoor environments and reduce costs.
To date we have completed 24,000+ energy optimization projects for more than 17,000 clients, including FedEx, Bridgestone, Pepsi and Amazon. SmartWatt is headquartered in Albany, NY, with offices across the U.S.
- CMVP, CDSM, CEM & CEA Certified Professionals
- Certified Commissioning Authority (CxA)
- LEED AP, AP BD+C & O+M Certified Professionals
- Tridium Niagara N4, AX & R2 Certified Engineers
- Solar PV Installation & Technical Sales Professionals
- PMI Project Management Professionals
- CSLMC, CSLC & CSLT Certified Professionals
- Professional Engineers (PE) Nationwide
- Hire Power Award 2012 Inc. Magazine
- Hire Power Award 2013 Inc. Magazine
- Fastest Growing Private Company 2012 Inc. Magazine
- Fastest Growing Private Company 2013 Inc. Magazine
- Fastest Growing Private Company 2014 Inc. Magazine
- Fastest Growing Private Company 2015 Inc. Magazine
- Energy Savings Award Winner 2010 Pacific Gas & Electric
- Highest Scoring Prop 39 Retrofit Project of the Year 2015 Board of Governors of California Community Colleges
From the Blog
Food producers have (dare we say it) a lot on their plate these days. They’re having to deal with everything from economic and competitive pressures and availability of resources, to an aging workforce, and ever-rising operating costs. To stay competitive, food producers must stay on top of rapidly-changing consumer attitudes and market trends, technological advances, …
Since energy consumption has such a major impact on operating costs, effective energy management is critical to success for commercial and industrial businesses. Yet, despite the favorable return on investment that improved energy efficiency provides, building owners and facility managers frequently struggle to find the capital required for much-needed energy efficiency upgrades. That was then. This …
Let’s face it: while implementing major energy-efficiency improvements will result in substantial and long-term energy savings, they can require a sizable initial capital investment. Sizable capital investments can be challenging for cash-strapped municipalities. Thankfully, there’s a risk-free, budget-neutral solution: An Energy Performance Contract. An Energy Performance Contract, or EPC, uses guaranteed energy savings to finance …