We work with customers who care and who take pride in their work. Together, we can and will build innovative solutions.
Our growing team is comprised of people who care about one thing: delivering results to customers and the people and institutions they serve.
We demonstrate that care in two ways: First, we deliver great experiences. Which means we redefine what’s possible at every stage – from concept and design to implementation and support. Second, we create projects that don’t just work but that we can be proud of, personally and professionally.
SmartWatt is launched in Albany, NY
Passionate about energy conservation, saving customers money and improving spaces for people, Chris Covell launches SmartWatt, initially providing commercial and industrial customers with lighting solutions to enhance their energy efficiency.
SmartWatt adds solutions
The company brings its solutions to utilities and small business customers, while growing its footprint on the west coast to offer a greater number of customers access to SmartWatt’s energy systems optimization approach.
Expansion continues into new territories and markets
The company moves into mid-western territories, and provides solutions to education and government customers so they experience enhanced well-being through green technology.
SmartWatt increases areas of expertise
To optimize customers’ energy investments and quality of life, SmartWatt offers building automation, mechanical services, bundled services, and performance contracting.
Technological advancements allow greater opportunities
SmartWatt expands into solar technology, tools for Smart cities, and support services to help sustain customers’ energy systems over the long-term.
Who we are today
Today, SmartWatt is an energy systems optimization firm offering a full suite of solutions to meet customers energy needs. Our experience and expertise fuels our SmartFit approach to projects so customers realize their unique energy optimization goals.
Forward-thinking innovations to help customers succeed
We’ll continue to innovate ground-breaking solutions that challenge the status quo and enhance our customers’ human, energy and financial value.
Our team - the true backbone of our firm - is here to serve you
- CMVP, CDSM, CEM & CEA Certified Professionals
- Certified Commissioning Authority (CxA)
- LEED AP, AP BD+C & O+M Certified Professionals
- Tridium Niagara N4, AX & R2 Certified Engineers
- Solar PV Installation & Technical Sales Professionals
- PMI Project Management Professionals
- CSLMC, CSLC & CSLT Certified Professionals
- Professional Engineers (PE) Nationwide
- NAESCO's List of Energy Service Companies 2019
- Energy Savings Award Winner 2010 Pacific Gas & Electric
- Hire Power Award 2012 Inc. Magazine
- Fastest Growing Private Company 2012 Inc. Magazine
- Hire Power Award 2013 Inc. Magazine
- Fastest Growing Private Company 2013 Inc. Magazine
- Fastest Growing Private Company 2014 Inc. Magazine
- Highest Scoring Prop 39 Retrofit Project of the Year 2015 Board of Governors of California Community Colleges
- Fastest Growing Private Company 2015 Inc. Magazine
- Duke Energy Trade Ally Award 2018 for SmartWatt's Commitment to Energy Efficiency
President and CEO, Chris founded SmartWatt in 2002, and has grown it into a nationwide leader in the energy services industry. He is responsible for developing the corporate vision and providing executive oversight of the implementation of business strategy across the Commercial, Industrial and Institutional Division, Utility Programs Division and Corporate departments. He was named one of Business Review’s “40 Under 40”, and earned Inc. Magazine’s “Hire Power” and “Fastest Growing Private Company” awards. Chris earned a B.S. in Finance from Northeastern University.
CFO (Chief Financial Officer)View Bio
CAO (Chief Administration Officer)View Bio
VP Human ResourcesView Bio
VP OperationsView Bio
VP Commercial, Industrial & InstitutionalView Bio
VP, Small and Medium Business DivisionView Bio
VP Engineering & DevelopmentView Bio
VP Of C&I SalesView Bio
Director of ControlsView Bio
East Business Unit ManagerView Bio
South Business Unit ManagerView Bio
West Business Unit ManagerView Bio
Midwest Business Unit ManagerView Bio
Director of MarketingView Bio